This is a precaution to ensure that you remain safe by staying inside your home.
- Close all windows and outside doors;
- Switch all ventilation, heating and air-conditioning systems off;
- Shut off the flow of external air to your chimney;
- Listen to the media (radio, TV) and follow the authorities' recommendations (Mayor, Governor, Minister) via the media and the Internet;
- Bring your pets indoors.
In the car
- If you are close to home, your workplace or a public building, immediately go inside. Follow the same recommendations set out above;
- If you cannot enter the nearest building, park your vehicle in a safe place (upwind);
- Stop the engine, close the windows and turn off the air conditioning to prevent air coming into your vehicle;
- Listen to the radio to follow the recommendations of the authorities;
- Stay where you are until the authorities give you permission to leave again. Consider traffic (detours, road closures, ...): follow the instructions of the police.
Based on the scale of the emergency, in a second phase the authorities may request you to evacuate.
- See more at: http://www.info-risques.be/en/shelter#sthash.R3DpZNGP.dpuf